First Date Rules
First dates can be a daunting task, forced with the pressure of making a good first impression. It is not the time or place to reveal anything of real importance to him or her. Your goal is to establish a rapport with the person you are dating.
First dates can be awkward. You should always plan yourself while going on a first date as you may find yourself overwhelmed and spending too much money on someone who is not deserving, if you are without a game-plan.
To make your first date memorable and more enjoyable, there are some rules to follow:
- Do not look messy and show yourself to be late as it gives the impression that you don’t care. Instead, always look your best and be punctual as it is your first date and you want to impress him or her.
- Try to enjoy yourself on dates and complement your date on how he or she looks. Generally, men and women take a lot of time to get ready for a date and it’s nice to hear that all that energy is paid off.
- Show your interest and pay attention when your date is telling you about their likings like reading, watching, listening to music etc.
- If you are not interested in your date, be gentle and firm to tell the truth. Lying and stringing people along is selfish and hurtful.
- Be active about finding people to date. The person you are searching for your whole life is not going to come at your door step. Dating requires action. So, meet as many people as you can.
- Your first date should be short and simple. If the date is lengthy, your dating partner starts getting bored or loses interest by the end of the date. Considering that you hardly know each other, the best to do is something simple such as coffee or ice cream that will allow you to actually get to know each other.
- You should look presentable. It is important to look good and feel good. The way your look is a reflection of your personality to quite an extent. So, one should dress appropriately according to the time and venue of the first date.
- Don’t give out your personal information like your phone number or address on the first date until you have confidence or trust the person you are dating.
- Be courteous. You should not be rude or drunk on your date. It is also important to smell good on your first date. If necessary, carry a mouth-freshener and apply cologne or perfume.
While going for a date without having plans will find oneself ending up making silly mistakes which may ruin his first date altogether. First date can become nerve-wrecking if one doesn’t have prepared plans before hand.
At the same time, if the above given rules are followed; it will help to increase your chances of going on second date as well.